FORMER beauty queen Carol Ann Lynch, accused of killing her husband Farouk Razack on May 7, 2007, faced the charge, again, before Chief Magistrate Priya Sewnarine-Beharry yesterday.
Particulars of the capital offence said it was committed at Lot 106 Ireng Place, Bel Air Park, Georgetown, where then Swiss House Cambio managing director was found dead. Lynch was represented by attorney-at-law Ms. Latchmi Rahamat, in association with other attorney-at-law, Mr. Peter Hugh.
Rahamat reminded the Court that Lynch had been previously charged for the same crime and the case was dismissed by then Magistrate Gordon Gilhuys on the basis of insufficient evidence.
The lawyer speculated that the outcome would be the same, this time, stating that there is no new evidence.
Defence Counsel also requested that the matter remain before the Chief Magistrate, to expedite it and the accused was remanded to prison until February 5 for a date to be fixed to commence the preliminary inquiry (PI).
Lynch, accompanied by her lawyers, had turned herself over to the police last Tuesday morning after being on the police wanted list for more than three years, since the director of public prosecutions (DPP) recommended that the charge be reinstituted against her.
In a press statement on Monday, the prisoner had said:“I am pleading for a speedy hearing so that I can, again, attempt to put these false accusations behind me once and for all. I am willingly turning myself over to the Guyana Police Force and I am asking that members of the public be vigilant, because I have no faith, confidence or trust that my preliminary inquiry will be expedited, in an attempt to keep me locked up.
“I am confident that I will, again, be discharged because I am innocent. I loved my husband dearly and our beautiful family. My only regret in handing myself over to the authorities is that I will be away from my daughter for a period of time that is still undetermined.”
Former beauty queen remanded on same murder charge
SHARE THIS ARTICLE :
Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp