Plans on stream for Caribbean Schoolboys and Juniors Boxing Championships
Steve Ninvalle
Steve Ninvalle

 

FROM May 12 to 14, Guyana will be hosting the second edition of the Caribbean Schoolboys and Juniors Boxing Championships, and according to sources, plans for the staging of the event are well on stream.
The event will be staged at the National Gymnasium, Mandela Avenue and 12 countries, including Guyana, are expected to participate in the event, which is the brainchild of Guyana Boxing Association (GBA) president Steve Ninvalle.
According to Ninvalle, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Jamaica and St Lucia have confirmed their participation for the three-night tournament and he (Ninvalle) is confident that Barbados, Cayman Islands, Grenada and Bahamas will each send a team to Guyana.
Ninvalle said the French-speaking nations of Guadeloupe, Martinique and French Guiana have signalled their intentions to also send representative teams.
According to Ninvalle, it is expected that the programme will see approximately 100 boxers and officials arrive in Guyana for the tournament.
The source said the GBA is expected to encamp a team of boxers in the coming week after the successful staging of the Pepsi Under-16 tournament, which was held at the Andrew `Six Head’ Lewis Gym in Albouystown.
The Caribbean Schoolboys and Juniors tournament was first staged here last year.

 

SHARE THIS ARTICLE :
Facebook
Twitter
WhatsApp
All our printed editions are available online
emblem3
Subscribe to the Guyana Chronicle.
Sign up to receive news and updates.
We respect your privacy.