POOJA Pitam, wife of Faiyaz Narinedatt whose lifeless body was found on the Number 70

Public Road, Corentyne on November 1, has reportedly received a number of death threats to stop the police investigation, and is now fearful for her life and that of her relatives.
The mother of Narinedatt’s two children said she has received several calls, with persons threatening that she would meet the same fate as her husband if she does not desist from pursuing the investigation into his death, which had been staged to appear as a hit-and-run accident. She added that other members of her family have been receiving similar threats, and they are all fearful for their lives.
She told this publication that the person behind the death threats had received a $2.5 million donation from the businessman who is the alleged mastermind in the murder of her husband. “Them ah threaten everybody, and now (everybody) frighten, because if them kill me husband, (everybody) frighten them kill them too,” Pitam said.
Pitam had always been adamant that her husband was murdered. She has since pledged that she would not give up until justice is served.
This newspaper understands that several other persons who were outspoken about Narinedatt’s murder have also received death threats.
Family friend Nafiza Ally said she received several phone calls after she pleaded on social media for justice for the young father.
“I got a call from a woman who identified herself. She asked if I got evidence to support what I put up on Facebook. She tell me I gon see she when she come lock me up, and If I continue she gon let the [name provided] send people to kill me,” Ally said.
Meanwhile, as investigations continue into the gruesome murder of the carpenter, two detectives of the Springlands Police Station have been questioned by the Major Crimes Unit. According to investigators, it is alleged that the two are closely associated with the mastermind, who is believed to have paid hefty sums to assist in covering up the act.