UDFA/GTT League Football

Unbeaten Net Rockers move to top after crushing Blueberry Hill 7-0
… Double-header on tonight

NET Rockers took the lead in the Upper Demerara Football Association’s (UDFA)/GTT 2017-18 Senior Football League championship when they crushed a disunited Blueberry Hill United 7-0.

Amelia’s Ward maintained their third position with a 3-1 whipping of Topp XX when the competition continued Friday night at the Mackenzie Sports Club ground.
Tonight, their main rivals, Eagles United, will try to join them on 18 points with a win when they face winless Hi Stars in the second game of a double-header. The first game brings together Botofago and Silver Shattas from 19:00hrs.

On a night when the Blueberry Hill barely made the field for their clash with the Rockers, it was soon apparent that they were ill-prepared for the encounter.
From as early as the 4th minute, Rockers rocked the back of the net through the in-form Clarence Huggins and by the 16th minute it was 2-0 for the Rockers when Deshawn Joseph netted, as they went to half time ahead.

Five minutes after play resumed, Denzil Pryce scored his first of two goals in the 50th minute for a 3-0 lead, before Joel Isaacs added another (4-0) in the 56th minute, as the Blueberry Hill goalkeeper Kelon Neblett found it hard to stop the marauding Rockers side,
The fifth goal for Rockers came through Deshawn Bobb-Semple in the 61st minute. Pryce returned for his second goal, scored in the 65th minute, before Leonard Wilson rounded things off for the night’s 7-0 win on Blueberry Hill in the 84th minute.

In the other game Amelia’s Ward Panthers scored a 3-1 win against Topp XX, led by the first goal from the boot of Keshawn Dey in the 13th minute which was the half-time score 1-0.

But Topp XX had some hopes of getting back into this game when they equalised through Abraham Bascom in the 65th minute. This score remained up to the end of regulation time but the lead went to the Panthers through Hosa Waddle in the 90th minute and moments after, in added time, the second goal for the Panthers came through a strike by Kennard Fraser as the match ended 3-1 for the Panthers.
On Wednesday another double-header is planned for the MSC ground in this league championship.


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top
All our printed editions are available online
Subscribe to the Guyana Chronicle.
Sign up to receive news and updates.
We respect your privacy.